2015 UF Health Shands Physician Customer Service Award winner
Dr. Siegfried Schmidt has been selected as a 2015 UF Health Shands Physician Customer Service Award winner, based on a nomination from one of his patients. Over 100 nominations were submitted and he was selected by the Physician Recognition Team to be honored at the Recognition Luncheon, hosted by Dr Michael Good and Ed Jimenez, Shands CEO.
We would like to congratulate these folks on their recent publications!
Dr. Ku-Lang Chang:
• Ku-Lang Chang ; Lisa Brown; Screening for Hereditary Cancer Syndromes; January 2015 Am Fam Physician. 2015 Jan 15;91(2):125-131.
Dr. James Clugston
• Smith, Michael S.; Friedman, William A.; Smith, Kristy B.; Pass, Anthony N. Sr; Clugston, James R.. Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation in a College Football Player and Return-to-Play Considerations. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine. 24(6):e62-e64, November 2014.
• Zaremski JL, Herman DC, Clugston JR, Hurley RW, Ahn AH. Occipital neuralgia as a sequela of sports concussion: a case series and review of the literature. Curr Sports Med Rep. 2015 Jan;14(1):16-9 PMID: 25574876
Dr. Robert Hatch:
• Staphylococcus epidermidis in Urine Is Not Always Benign: A Case Report of Pyelonephritis in a Child. Valentina Lozano, Gabriela Fernandez, Patricia L. Spencer, Susan L. Taylor, and Robert Hatch. J Am Board Fam Med January-February 2015; 28:151-153; doi:10.3122/jabfm.2015.01.140118
Dr. Guy Nicolette
• Nicolette, G. "Motionyms": Activity-Related Musculoskeletal and Medical Problems (or Not an Eponym!!). The Physician and Sportsmedicine.(ID: 1005541 DOI:10.1080/00913847.2015.1005541). Estimated Publication date - 20 Jan 2015 (Online) , 28 Jan 2015 (Print)
Dr. Arch Mainous
• Mainous AG 3rd, Tanner RJ, Coates TD, Baker R. Prediabetes, elevated iron and all-cause mortality: a cohort study. BMJ Open. 2014 Dec 11;4(12):e006491.
• Mainous AG 3rd, Tanner RJ, Hulihan MM, Amaya M, Coates TD. The impact of chelation therapy on survival in transfusional iron overload: a meta-analysis of myelodysplastic syndrome. Br J Haematol. 2014 Dec;167(5):720-3
• Allen S, Caton C, Cluver J, Mainous AG 3rd, Clyburn B. Targeting improvements in patient safety at a large academic center: an institutional handoff curriculum for graduate medical education. Acad Med. 2014 Oct;89(10):1366-9.
Dr. Ray Moseley
• Winchester, D.E., Moseley, R. E., Hendel, R. The Business Of Accreditation. American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. 2014 November doi:10.1007/s12350-014-0011-5.
Lauren Solberg, JD, MTS
• Solberg, L. Preserving Integrity in Clinical Research: Avoiding Research Misconduct. SoCRA Source. November 2014
Steven M. Smith, Pharm.D., M.P.H.,
• VanderWeide L, Smith SM, Trinkley KE. A systematic review of the efficacy of venlafaxine for the treatment of fibromyalgia. J Clin Pharm Ther 2015;40(1):1-6.
• Smith SM, Cooper-DeHoff RM. Home blood pressure monitoring with patient-initiated antihypertensive drug titration reduces blood pressure in high-risk patients with hypertension. Evid Based Med 2015 Epub ahead of print: doi 10.1136/ebmed-2014-110109.