• Carris, NW, Spinelli A, Pierini,D, Taylor JR, Anderson KV, Sando K, Powell J, Rosenberg EI, Zumberg MS, Smith SM, Gums JG, Dietrich E. Feasibility of extended-interval follow-up for patients receiving warfarin. Cardiovasc Ther. 2015 Mar 18. doi: 10.1111/1755-5922.12115
• Mainous AG 3rd, Tanner RJ, Harle CA, Baker R, Shokar NK, Hulihan MM.Attitudes toward Management of Sickle Cell Disease and Its Complications: A National Survey of Academic Family Physicians.Anemia. 2015;2015:853835. doi: 10.1155/2015/853835. Epub 2015 Feb 22.
• Vanderbilt AA, Grover AC, Pastis NJ, Feldman M, Granados DD, Murithi LK, Mainous AG 3rd. Randomized controlled trials: a systematic review of laparoscopic surgery and simulation-based training. Glob J Health Sci. 2014 Dec 12;7(2):43225. doi: 10.5539/gjhs.v7n2p310.
• Katherine M. Edenfield, MD; Ashley N. Stern, MEd, ATC, LAT; Michael C. Dillon, MD; Thomas A. Burkart, MD4; and James R. Clugston, MD, MS. A Case of Vasovagal Syncope in a Collegiate Swimmer during Competition. Current Sports Medicine Reports 2015; 14(2):88-90
• Valentina Lozano, Gabriela Fernandez, Patricia L. Spencer, Susan L. Taylor, and Robert Hatch. Staphylococcus epidermidis in Urine Is Not Always Benign: A Case Report of Pyelonephritis in a Child. J Am Board Fam Med. January-February 2015; 28:151-153; doi:10.3122/jabfm.2015.01.140118
• Solberg, L. M., Solberg, L. B., & Peterson, E. N. (2014). Measuring impact of stress in sandwich generation caring for demented parents. GeroPsych: The Journal of Gerontopsychology and Geriatric Psychiatry, 27(4), 171-179.
• Solberg, L.B., Freund Taylor, C. (2015). Teaching Bioethics at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 26(2), 328-334.
Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (STFM) Spring Conference
Congratulations to these folks for their acceptance for a presentation in the 48th Annual Spring conference for the Society of Teachers of Medicine, April 25-29, 2015, in Orlando, FL.
• "Establishing a Pain Management Program within a University based Family Medicine Residency". Siegfried Schmidt, MD, PhD, FAAFP; Paulette Blanc, MPH; Peter Carek, MD, MS, FAAFP;Ku-Lang Chang, MD; David Feller, MD; Lesa Gilbert, FNP-BC, MSN; Alyson Listhaus, MPH;George Samraj, MD, MRCOG
• "Understanding Research Misconduct: Tips for Teachers of Family Medicine". Lauren Solberg, JD, MTS
• "Interprofessional Education for Health Care Professionals: Evaluation of a Boot Camp Core Concepts in Geriatric Care."; Lauren Solberg, JD, MTS; Christy S Carter; Laurence M. Solberg.
• "Assessing the Impact of Integrating Electronic Health Records and Patient-reported Outcomes for Chronic Pain on the Process and Quality of Care in Family Medicine". Christopher Harle, PhD, MS; Alpa Desai, DO; Alyson Listhaus, MPH; Elvira Mercado, Frank Orlando, MD; Siegfried Schmidt, MD, PhD, FAAFP
• "Early clinical immersions: if one is good, aren't three better? Yes!!". Rubin D; Robert Hatch, MD
• "Having Your Cake and Eating it Too: A new clerkship model with standard block experience and longitudinal continuity experience".R. Nall; Robert Hatch, MD; M. Fehlberg
• "Update on the NBME Family Medicine Subject Exam". Aaron Michelfelder; Paul Paulman; Robert Hatch, MD
• Reviewing Articles for Scholarly Journals. Lorraine Wallace. Arch Mainous, PhD, MA
• "Establishing and Integrating a Multidisciplinary Anticoagulation Clinic into an Academic Based Residency Program". Keiran Shute, MD, Bassem Kodsi, MD, George Samraj, MD, MRCOG, John Malaty, MD, Nicholas Carris, Steven Smith, PharmD, MPH
• "Impact of Integrating Family Medicine and Pharmacy in an Interdisciplinary Anti-Coagulation Program". Bassem Kodsi, MD, George Samraj, MD, MRCOG; Michael Machek, MD; Nicholas Carris; John Malaty, MD
• "New SOAP Model of Residency Training for Both Inpatient and Outpatient Care". John Malaty, MD; George Samraj, MD, MRCOG
• "Can the Collaborative Care Model Enhance Resident Education in Psychiatric Medicine During Residency Training". David Feller, MD; Michael Ware, MD; Karen Hall, MD; Joyce Feller
• McDaniel B, Hardt N, Hatch RL. Barriers and Motivating Factors Associated with Volunteering at Student Run Free Clinics: A Survey of Faculty Physicians. 48th Annual Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Spring Conference, Orlando, FL April 2015 (10 minute paper presentation).
• Carek, Peter J. “New RC-FM requirements and the “Next Accreditation System.”” 2015. Association of Departments of Family Medicine Winter Meeting. Savannah, GA. February 2015.
• Carek, Peter J. “Review Committee – Family Medicine (RC-FM) Update.” 2014 ACGME Annual Meeting. San Diego, CA. February 2015.
• Carek, Peter J. “RC-FM Update.” Program Directors Workshop, American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians. Las Vegas, NV. March 2015.
• Carek, Peter J. “Revision of the Requirements and Implementation of NAS and Milestones: Not a Perfect Storm, But a Launch to Better GME and Patient Care?” Residency Administrative Development (RAD) Workshop. Kansas City, MO. March 2015.
• Carek, Peter J. “RC-FM Update.” PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium. Kansas City, MO. March 2015.
• Carek, Peter J. “National Institute for Program Director Development: Any Impact on Program Quality?” PDW and RPS Residency Education Symposium. Kansas City, MO. March 2015
• Hatch RL, Michelfelder A, Paulman P. Special Invited Session: Update on the NBME Family Medicine Subject Exam. 41st Annual Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Conference on Medical Student Education, Atlanta, GA, February 2015 (90 minute seminar)
• Lauren Solberg, JD, MTS was invited to give two lectures at University of Southern California, titled “Impact of Social Media in Research: Human Subjects and Researchers- Part I” and “Impact of Social Media in Research: Human Subjects and Researchers-Part II.”(March 2015)
• Steve Smith's PharmD, MPH, BCPS, article was recently used as a source in the February issue of CHEST Physician Newsletter. Jancin, Bruce. The High Cost of Treatment Resistant Hypertension. Chest Physician. Feb. 2015; 10(2): 28), also available at www.chestphysician.org. (Smith SM, Ghushchyan V, Libby AM. Direct medical expenditures and healthcare utilization associated with resistant hypertension in the United States. Poster presentation at the American Heart Association 2014 Scientific Sessions, November 16, 2014, Chicago, IL, USA. Abstract available in Circulation 2014;130:Suppl 2 A20369 and http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/130/Suppl_2/A20369.abstract.)