Ray E. Moseley, PhD
|Ray E. Moseley, PhD
Program in Bioethics, Law and Medical Professionalism
1600 SW Archer Road Rm G1-022
Gainesville, FL 32610-3001
(352) 273-5155 Fax: (352) 273-5213
Dr. Moseley is the founder and was the first President of the Florida Bioethics Network (FBN), and has played a key role in the development of the FBN as a significant statewide resource and as a model for other bioethics networks around the country. His research includes publications on ‘Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Medical Treatment,’ ‘Advance Medical Directives,’ ‘Genetic Testing,’ ‘New Medical Technologies,’ and ‘Prenatal Testing.’
|BA||University of Tennessee
|MA||University of Tennessee
- Group Leader, Ethics Clerkship
- Course Director, Special Topics in Medical Ethics
- Course Director, Cultural Issues in Medicine
- Course Director, Ethical Issues in Family Medicine
- End-of-life Care
- Advance Medical Directives
- Genetic Testing
- Allen, WL; Moseley, R: “Misconceptions and Problems with FS 765,” Northeast Florida Medicine, Medical Ethics Supplement, January 2008, pp. 18-22.
- Allen, WL; “Erring Too Far on the Side of Life: Déjà vu All Over Again in the Schiavo Saga,” Stetson Law Review vol. 35, no 1, 123-145, Fall 2005.
- Allen, B. “Ethical and Legal Issues in HIV/AIDS: Informed Consent, Confidentiality, and Advance Directives,” Current Approaches to Care of Patients with HIV/AIDS, Florida State Department of Health, CD-ROM, 1999.
- Allen, B; Moseley R/ and Arcos, G: The Bispectral Index Monitor (BIS): Analysis of Legal and Ethical Implications for Anesthesiology, Program in Medical Ethics, Law, and the Humanities, University of Florida, 1998.
- Allen, WL; McCrary, SV: “Legal Aspects of Geriatric Rehabilitative Care.” In: Rehabilitation of the Ageing and Older Patient Garrison SJ, Felsenthal G, Steinberg, FU, Eds. Williams and Wilkins, 1994.