Frank Orlando, MD
|Frank Orlando, MD
Family Medicine at Hampton Oaks
200 SW 62nd Avenue Suite D
Gainesville, FL 32607
(352) 265-9475 Fax: (352) 265-9476
Dr. Orlando is a physician at Hampton Oaks. He has received numerous honors and distinctions, including the Susan U. Wagner Resident Teacher Award in 2011. He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Association for Cancer Research, and the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Orlando is also active in the community and is a Bhakti Yoga Youth Leader and Mentor.
|BA||SUNY Binghamton University
Binghamton, New York
|Chemistry – Summa Cum Laude|
|MD||SUNY Upstate Medical University,
Syracuse, New York
|Internship||University of Florida
|Fellowship||University of Florida
|Residency||Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Association for Cancer Research – Associate Member
- American College of Surgeons – Resident Member
Honors and Awards
- Susan U. Wagner Resident Teacher Award, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
- Back-up of the Year, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program
- First Place Poster Presentation – Florida A&M University Pharmacy Research Day
- Second Place Oral Presentation 14th Annual Multidisciplinary Symposium on Breast Disease, Amelia Island, FL
- Second Place Oral Presentation 13th Annual Multidisciplinary Symposium on Breast Disease, Amelia Island, FL
- Suture Lab Teaching Resident, U.F. Gainesville Department of Surgery
- Second & Fourth Place Poster Presentations University of Florida – Jacksonville Research Day
- Family Medicine
Recent Books and Publications
- Orlando, FA, Brafford S, Mazziotta J. A rare case of basal cell carcinoma. Florida Family Physician, June 2011.
- Orlando FA, Brown KD. Unraveling breast cancer heterogeneity through transcriptomic and epigenomic analysis. Ann Surg Oncol 2009; 16:2270-2279.
- Hassid VJ, Orlando FA, Awad ZT, et al. Genetic and molecular abnormalities in cholangiocarcinogenesis. Anticancer Res 2009; 29:1151-1156.
- Orlando FA, Tan D, Baltodano JD, et al. Abberrant Crypt foci as precursors in colorectal cancer progression. J Surg Oncol 2008; 98:207-213.
- Ahmed BH, Ahmed A, Tan D, Awad ZT, Al-Aali AY, Kilkenny J, Orlando FA, et al. Post-laparoscopic cholecystectomy pain: effects of intraperitoneal local anesthetics on pain control – a randomized prospective double-blinded placebo controlled trial. Am Surgeon 2008; 74:201-208.
- Orlando FA, Goncalves CG, George ZM, et al. Neurohormonal pathways regulating food intake and changes after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass. Surg Obes Relat Dis 2005; 1:486-495.
- Orlando FA, Dyer LM, Demircan B, Brown KD. Epigenetics: Mechanisms, Functions and Human Effects. Chapter 12 Epigenetic analysis in breast cancer progression;
Chapter 13 Cancer epigenetics. Nova Publishers 2009 4th Quarter, ISBN: 978-1-60741-454-4.