Karen Theoktisto, M.S.N., D.N.P.
|Karen Theoktisto, DNP, ARNP
UF Health Family Medicine – Eastside
410 NE Waldo Road
Gainesville, Florida 32641-5685
(352) 265-7017 Fax: (352) 265-7021
Dr. Theoktisto is a pediatric nurse practitioner at UF Health Family Medicine – Eastside and a clinical preceptor for UF College of Nursing. She has over 30 years of experience as a pediatric nurse both in the hospital and clinic settings. Dr. Theoktisto specializes in children from birth through adolescence with a special interest in pediatric behavioral issues. She received her Master of Science in Nursing in 2000 and Doctorate of Nursing Practice in 2009. Dr. Theoktisto reviews manuscripts for publication for the journal Pediatric Nursing. She is published in the journal Pediatric Nursing and in the Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved. She is board certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center in Pediatrics and by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board as a Pediatric Mental Health Specialist.
|MSN||University of Florida
|DNP||University of Florida
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Board Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Board Certified Pediatric Mental Health Specialist, Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- President, Sigma Theta Tau: Alpha Theta Chapter
- Member, Sigma Theta Tau: President Alpha Theta Chapter
- Member, National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Member, Florida Nurses Association/American Nurses Association
Recent Books and Publications
- Campbell K, Hayes D, Wielgos C, Theoktisto K, & Taylor J. (2011). Successful reorganization of an interdisciplinary underserved practice. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 22 (2011): 225-230.
- Theoktisto, Karen M. “Pharmacokinetic considerations in the treatment of pediatric behavioral issues.” Pediatric Nursing Nov.-Dec. 2009: 369+.