Michael J. McTiernan, MD
|Michael J. McTiernan, MD
Family Medicine at Haile Plantation
2846 SW 87th Way Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32608
(352) 265-0944 Fax: (352) 594-8511
Dr. McTiernan grew up in New York and moved to Gainesville, Florida to pursue his Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology from UF. After receiving his B.S., Dr. McTiernan entered medical school at the University of Florida where he later went on to complete his Family Medicine Residency. Upon completion of his residency training, Dr. McTiernan became a Clinical Assistant Professor and Medical Director for the Haile Plantation clinic. He has been a part of clinical quality and patient satisfaction committees, and he is also a Diplomat with the National Board of Medical Examiners.
|AA||Daytona Beach Community College
Daytona Beach, Florida
|BS||University of Florida
|MD||University of Florida
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Practice
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
Honors and Awards
- Listed in The Best Doctor’s in America, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Shands at UF Star Award for Clinical Excellence, 2003
- Sports Medicine
- Non-Invasive Procedures
- McTiernan MJ. “ICD-9-CM Code List by System,” Department of Community Health and Family Medicine, University of Florida, 2002.
- McTiernan MJ, Burchfield DJ, Abrams RM, Cassin S. “Carboxy and Oxyhemoglobin in Pregnant Ewe and Fetus After Inhalation of Marijuana.” Marijuana Placebo and Tobacco Cigarette Smoke. Life Sciences, Pergamon Press, 1998; Vol 43: 2043-2047.