Robert L. Hatch, MD
|Robert L. Hatch, MD
Professor, Director of Medical Education
1600 SW Archer Road Rm G1-019
Gainesville, FL 32610-3001
(352) 273-5161 Fax: (352) 273-5213
Dr. Hatch is a Professor and the Director of the H. James Free Center for Primary Care Education and Innovation. He serves as the Clerkship Director of the Family Medicine and Geriatrics Clerkship at the University of Florida, College of Medicine. He matriculated at the University of California, Davis where he received a B.A. in Chemistry and a B.S. in Zoology. Dr. Hatch attended medical school at the University of California, in Los Angeles, California where he received his medical degree and a Master’s degree in Public Health. He was a resident at Blackstone Family Practice Center at the Medical College of Virginia where he also completed a faculty development fellowship.
Dr. Hatch is a grant reviewer for the American Academy of Family Medicine Foundation, the National Institute for Healthcare Research, and HRSA. He has been a reviewer for the Journal of the Florida Medical Association, Family Medicine, and International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, American Family Physician, Journal of Family Practice, Family Practice Recertification, and the Annals of Internal Medicine. Hatch has written numerous refereed articles and book chapters, and is co-author of the book Fracture Management in Primary Care and has given over 50 national presentations. He is internationally known for developing the Spiritual Involvement and Beliefs Scale, which has been used by numerous investigators and translated into four different languages.
|MPH||University of California||Public Health|
|MD||University of California||Medicine|
|Residency||Medical College of Virginia
|Fellowship||Medical College of Virginia
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Practice
- Society of Teaching Scholars
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Physicians for a National Health Program
Honors and Awards
- UF College of Medicine Exemplary Teacher, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, inducted 2011
- Outstanding Service Award, Equal Access Homeless Clinic, 2011
- Golden Apple Award for Best Third Year Clerkship, 2009, 2011
- Hippocratic Award, 2006, 2010
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine President’s Award, 2010
- Rural Physician of the Year, 2010
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, 2010
- Distinguished Faculty Service Award, Equal Access Homeless Clinic, 2000, 2008
- Florida Academy of Family Physicians’ Educator of the Year, 2007
- UF Family Physician Educator of the Year, 2002, 2003
- UF College of Medicine AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award, 2002
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in America, 2002
- Listed in Who’s Who in Medicine and HealthCare, 2000
- Excellence in Generalist Medical Education Award, 1995, 1998, 1999
- Listed in Best Doctors in America, 1998
- Gender Equality Award, 1995
- Faculty Advisor, Premed American Medical Students Association
- Chair, Clerkship Director’s Committee
- Course Director, Introduction to Clinical Practice
- Associate Director of Education & Training, North Florida AHEC
- Public Health
- Spirituality and Health
- International Health
- Orthopedic Services
- Substance Use Disorder
- Healthy Living
- Preventative Health Care
- Dermatology Procedures
- Joint Injections.
- Hatch RL, Dean C. Calcaneus fractures. UpToDate, Rose BD (ed.), UpToDate, Wellesley MA, 2013
- Wilmer E, Hatch RL. Resistant ‘Candidal Intertrigo’: Could Inverse Psoriasis Be the True Culprit? J Am Board Fam Med 2013. 26: 211-214
- Sbicca JA, Hatch RL. “Target Lesions and Other Paintball Injuries.” J Am Board Fam Med, January-February 2012, 25:124-127; doi:10.3122/jabfm.2012.01.110120.
- Eiff MP, Hatch RL. Fracture Management for Primary Care, 3nd Edition, 2012. Elsevier/Saunders, Philadelphia, PA.
- Anadaraj G, Craigi F, Hatch RL, et al. “Towards competency-based curricula in patient-centered spiritual care: recommended competencies for family medicine resident education.” Academic Medicine 2010. 85:1897-1904.
- Hatch RL, Clugston JR, Taffe J. “Clavicle fractures.” UpToDate, Rose BD (ed.), UpToDate, Wellesley MA, 2009.
- Hatch RL, Alsobrook J, Clugston JR. “Diagnosis and Management of Metatarsal Fractures.” American Family Physician 2007; 76:817-26.