Tanya Anim, MD
Tanya Anim, MD
Family Medicine Residency Program
1707 North Main Street
Gainesville, FL 32609
Phone: (352) 265-7001
Fax: (352) 265-9584
Dr. Tanya Anim completed her undergraduate and medical education at Florida State University. She then completed residency training at Halifax Health Family Medicine Residency program in Daytona Beach, FL. While she was a medical student and resident, she held many leadership roles in the American Academy of Family Physicians. She then completed fellowship training in women’s health with an OB focus. During her residency and fellowship, Dr. Anim served a two-year term as the resident member of the ACGME Family Medicine Residency Review Committee.
Dr. Anim is board certified in family medicine, is a North American Menopause Society Certified Menopause Practitioner (NCMP) and a National Health Service Corps Scholar. Her interests include procedures, obstetrics, women’s health, undeserved populations, graduate medical education and organized medicine.
|BS||Florida State University
|MD||Florida State University
|Residency||Halifax Family Medicine Residency Program
Daytona Beach, Florida
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Board Certified in Family Medicine
- North American Menopause Society Certified Menopause Practitioner
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics Provider (2010- Present)
- National Health Service Corps Scholar
- Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education
- Resident Member of Family Medicine Residency Review Committee (2012- 2014)
- Member – American Academy of Family Physicians (2006-Present)
- Region 5 Coordinator – Family Medicine Interest Group Network (Jan. 2008-Dec. 2008)
- Member – Florida Academy of Family Physicians (2006-Present)
Honors and Awards
- FSU Young Alumni Association Thirty Under 30 Award Recipient (2014)
- AAFP/ Bristol-Myers Squibb Award For Excellence in Graduate Medical Education (2012)
- Florida State University College of Medicine Class of 2010 Altruism in Medicine Award (May 2010)
- Florida State University College of Medicine Class of 2010 Outstanding Graduate in Family Medicine Award (May 2010)
- Member – FSU College of Medicine Family Medicine Scholars Program (2007-2010)
- Florida State University Torchbearer Inductee (2010)
- National Health Service Corps Scholar (2009-2010)
- AMBI® Scholarship in Science & Medicine recipient (2009)
- Medical Student Council President of the Year (2008)
- Capital Medical Society Scholarship Recipient (2006 and 2007)
- Member – Phi Beta Kappa National Honor Society (2006- Present)
- Jon Dalton Servant Leader Award (April 2005): Awarded to a member of a Greek organization that demonstrates exemplary community service.
- Graduate Medical Education
- Organized Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Anim T, Keehbauch J. Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding. . In Domino FJ (ed) The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2014, Philadelphia; Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
- Keehbauch J, Anim T. Perimenopause. Core Content Review (accepted for Publication) 2014
- Oshinowo A, Ionescu A, Anim T, Lamvu G. Dyspareunia and Vulvodynia. In Valovska A, Urman R. Chronic Pelvic Pain: Multidisciplinary Approach to Management. (Ed. 1) Oxford University Press. Boston, MA. Unpublished manuscript.
- Anim T, Oslos N. (2014) “Ejaculatory Disorders”. In Domino F, Baldon R, Grimes J, Golding J. 5 Minute Clinical Consult. Philadelphia, PA. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 22nd ed. May 20, 2013
- Kellerman R, Anim T, Lamarre W. “Choosing a Medical Specialty – What’s a Student to Do?” Journal for Minority Medical Students Vol 21, No 4. 2009. p.p. 39-40
- Anim T. “Family Medicine in 10 Years – A Promising Future.” Florida Family Physician. Volume 57, Issue 3.Spring 2009. p.p. 30
- Fraser K, Anim T. “Residents Teaching Residents: Maximizing Peer Teaching Opportunities in Residency Education”. Society of Teachers of Family Medicine 46th Annual Spring Conference. May 3, 2013
- Anim T. “Screening Guidelines Update”. Halifax Medical Center Grand Rounds. May 18, 2012
- Anim T. “Good Sources of Folate in Cultural Foods for the Pregnant Woman”. International Organization of Folk Art Youth Congress, Nanjing, China. December 2010.