Jocelyn Gravlee, MD, CAQSM
|Jocelyn Gravlee, MD, CAQSM
Student Health Care Center
P.O. Box 117500
Gainesville, FL 32611-7500
(352) 392-1161 Fax: (352) 392-9625
Dr. Jocelyn Gravlee completed her BS, MD, and Residency in Family Medicine at the University of Florida and completed a Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship at the University of Michigan. Before joining the CHFM faculty, Dr. Gravlee spent some time as a lecturer at the University of Michigan and as an Assistant Professor at Florida State University. Outside her work at the CHFM department, Dr. Gravlee is a provider at the UF Student Health Care Center and a team physician for the University of Florida Athletic Association. She peer reviews articles for The Journal of Family Practice and the Journal of Athletic Training.
|BS||University of Florida
|MD||University of Florida
|Residency||University of Florida
|Fellowship||University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Board Certified, American Board of Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine
- Member, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- Member, Florida Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Exemplary Teachers Award, University of Florida College of Medicine, 2009-2014
- Common and Advanced Procedures, Course Director
- UF Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship, Preceptor
- Collaborative Learning Group, Small Group Facilitator
- Sports Medicine
- Medical Education
Recent Books and Publications
- Beard, N, Gravlee, J.R. “Grip Weakness in Division I Gymnast”, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 44(5) supplement, May 2012
- Gravlee, J.R, Barrett, J.J. “Transient Global Amnesia in a Type I Collegiate Baseball Player: A Case Report” Journal of Athletic Training 2011, 46(3), 352-354
- Beard, N, Gravlee, J.R. “Atraumatic wrist pain in a former professional basketball player” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 43(5):236-237, May 2011
- Hale MH, Gravlee JR, Prine BR. “Unilateral arm swelling-weight lifting,” Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, May 2008, 40(5): S153.
- Gravlee JR, Van Durme DJ. “Braces and splints for musculoskeletal conditions,” American Family Physician, 2007, 75(3): 342-348.
- Hatch RL, Clugston JR, Gravlee JR. “Common Fractures,” FP Essentials, Edition No. 342, AAFP Home Study, American Academy of Family Physicians, Leawood, Kansas, 2007.
- Gravlee JR, Shahady E. “Knee problems in primary care,” in Primary Care of Musculoskeletal Problems in the Outpatient Setting, editor, E. Shahady, Springer Verlag, New York, p.228-267, 2006.
- Gravlee JR, Van Durme DJ, Gravlee CC. Response to Letter to the Editor, American Family Physician, 2007, 76(4): 499.