Katie M. Edenfield, MD
|Katie M. Edenfield, MD
Student Health Care Center
P.O. Box 117500
Gainesville, FL 32611-7500
Fax: (352) 392-9625
Dr. Edenfield is Board Certified in Family Medicine and Sports Medicine and holds a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Sports Medicine (CAQSM). She is currently a team physician for the University Athletic Association, and also serves as co-medical director of the Five Points of Life Marathon. Dr. Edenfield is a former collegiate swimmer and now enjoys running, triathlons and all water sports. She has special clinical interests in Sports Medicine and Nutrition.
|BS||University of Florida
|Nutritional Sciences – Cum Laude|
|MD||University of Florida
|Residency||University of South Florida-Morton Plant Mease
|Fellowship||University of Florida
|Primary Care Sports Medicine|
- Sports Medicine
- Endurance Athletes
Recent Publications and Research
- Vincent HK, Montero C, Conrad BP, Seay AN, Edenfield K, Vincent KR. Metabolic Responses of Running shod and barefoot in mid-forefoot runners. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2014 Aug; 54 (4): 447-55.
- Edenfield KM, Stern AN, Dillon MC, Burkart TA, Clugston JR. A Case of Vasovagal Syncope in a Collegiate Swimmer During Competition. CSMR. 2015 March/April; 14 (2): 86-90.
- Edenfield, KM, Clugston J, Moser M, Pass A, Beard N. “Shoulder Injury- Football.” Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, May 2011, 43(5): S134-135
- O’Neal ML, McCown K, Poulis G: A Complex Strain Injury Involving an Intercostal Hematoma in a Professional Baseball Player. CJSM. July 2008; 18(4): 372-3
- Fernandez HH, McCown K, Romrell J, Trieschmann ME, Friedman JH, Jacobson CE, and Okun MS: New-onset Diabetes Mellitus Among Parkinsonian Patients Treated with Long-term Quetiapine. Drug Target Insights 2008; 3: 27-29
- Investigation of “Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation in the STN and GPi on Working Memory in Parkinson’s Disease” under Michael S. Okun, MD, Department of Neurology, UF College of Medicine, Summer 2004