Research & Quality
In keeping with the Community Health and Family Medicine mission to “foster research and discovery in primary care,” we promote scholarly activity; research; discovery in health behavior, clinical practice research, community health, rural health, medical ethics, health law and policy, and other related fields; and we disseminate the information generated as a result of these activities.
- Prioritize local community health, evaluating needs, and developing systematic interventions in primary care settings
- Develop a research strategy for studying the effectiveness of social work intervention with primary care patients
- Emphasize research training at the Residency Program, bringing residents into established research projects and giving them opportunities to practice research and publishing
- Explore how primary care research fills a vital role in the development of an institutional clinical translational research model
Facts and Accomplishments
- Our research team has an IRB-approved generic informed consent database which allows us to access a pool of previously consented study participants to speed up the patient identification and recruitment process.
- The Department and residency program have joined with 30 other primary care medical and research sites throughout the country to form the National Interdisciplinary Primary Care Practice-Based Research Network (PBRN).