As the holidays are fast approaching, please take a moment to reflect on those who may not have the resources to enjoy a festive Thanksgiving dinner.
However, we are here to help!
We’ve adopted a family of four (mom, two sons (ages 11 and 8), one daughter (age 6), and one cat) from the Interdisciplinary Family Health Program.
Suggested items for our Thanksgiving Basket are listed below. These are simply suggestions, and other and extra donations are always welcomed.
- Canned Vegetables (Green Beans, Beans, Corn, Sweet Potatoes, White Potatoes, Squash, Greens, etc.)
- Boxed Potatoes and Rice (Mashed, Scalloped, White – Brown – Yellow Rice, Boxes or Bags)
- Boxed Pasta Mixes (Macaroni, Mac-n-Cheese)
- Boxed or Bagged Stuffing Mixes (Cornbread, Herb, Plain, Bags/Boxes)
- Bags of Flour, Cornmeal, Biscuit Mixes (Wheat, All-Purpose, White)
- Boxes of Baking Goods (Cake Mixes, Brownies, Pie Makings)
- Cans of Gravy, Broth, and Soup (Turkey, Chicken, Vegetable, Cream of Mushroom, etc.)
- Cans of Fruit (Apple, Cranberry, Cranberry Sauce, Pineapple, Applesauce, etc.)
- Drinks (Juice, Tea Bags, Coffee, etc.)
- Miscellaneous (Sugar, Evaporated Milk, Herbs & Spices, etc.)
- Cat Items (Food (Blue Wilderness), Litter, Toys, etc.)
- Aluminum Roasting Pans
- Holiday Paperware (Plates, Napkins, Table Cloth, etc.)
- Giftcards/Gift Certificates
A box for the donations will be setup in the front CHFM admin office, N1-02. If you cannot stop by the admin office, please contact Macy Gordon to work out an alternative.
Donations are due by Friday, November 18th.
Please contact Macy Gordon (email@example.com or 273-5103) if you have any questions.