Lea Crowley Receives First-Ever Wellness Warrior Award
Congratulations to our Academic Assistant I, Lea Crowley for being the first-ever recipient of the UF & UF Health Wellness Warrior Award! Lea has been the driving force for the administrative office’s wellness activities, such as:
- Incorporating a one minute exercise at the top of the hour six times a day. During the month of June she challenged us to plank as often as we could.
- Promoting and conducing the 10 at 10 meditations on Wednesdays. This was so successful that she has continued to arrange the meditation sessions despite the UF campaign ending in July.
- Organizing bi-weekly Lunch ‘n’ Learn’s to discuss financial wellness.
- Soliciting free prizes from various vendors to provide our challenge winners.
- Sourcing free exercise equipment to use during our one minute workouts. She has also been working on a grant to provide additional equipment.
Not only does Lea provide activities and promote healthy behaviors, but she has fostered a sense of community and a supportive family within our administration department. We are proud of Lea and pleased that her efforts have been recognized by UF & UF Health Wellness. Please feel free to read more about her wellness journey in this article.