Ray E. Moseley, PhD
Ray E. Moseley, PhD
Program in Bioethics, Law and Medical Professionalism
1600 SW Archer Road Rm G1-022
Gainesville, FL 32610-3001
Dr. Ray E. Moseley is the founder and was the first President of the Florida Bioethics Network (FBN), and has played a key role in the development of the FBN as a significant statewide resource and as a model for other bioethics networks around the country. His research includes publications on ‘Withdrawal of Life-Sustaining Medical Treatment,’ ‘Advance Medical Directives,’ ‘Genetic Testing,’ ‘New Medical Technologies,’ and ‘Prenatal Testing.’
|MA||University of Tennessee
|BA||University of Tennessee
Honors and Awards
- Exemplary Teacher Award – University of Florida College of Medicine (2008, 2009)
- End-of-life Care
- Advance Medical Directives
- Genetic Testing
- Harle CA, Golembiewski EH, Rahmanian KP, Krieger JL, Hagmajer D, Mainous AG 3rd, Moseley RE. Patient preferences toward an interactive e-consent application for research using electronic health records. Journal of the American Medicine Informatics Association. 2018;25(3):360-368. doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocx145
- Winchester D, Moseley RE, Hendel R. The Business of Accreditation. Journal of Nuclear Cardiology. 2015;22(3):504-506.
- Allen WL, Moseley RE. Will the last healthcare professional to forgo patient advocacy please call an ethics consult? American Journal of Bioethics. 2012;12(8):19-20.
- Coors M, Moseley RE, McGorry S. Informed consent process in Alpha-1 testing of at-risk children: Views of parents and adults tested as children. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. 2011;8(1):30-38.
- Moseley RE, Karnani N, Zimmerman R. Ten pearls to remember about ethical problems in end-of-life care. Northeast Florida Medicine. 2008;59 Supplement:31-32.
- Allen, WL; Moseley, RE: “Misconceptions and Problems with FS 765,” Northeast Florida Medicine, Medical Ethics Supplement, January 2008, pp. 18-22.
- Moseley RE, Roblain A, Hatch R. The Problem with Advance Directives: Maybe It’s the Medium, Not the Message. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. Spring 2005.
- Brooks R, Hardy M, Moseley RE, Myrick, J, Jones A. Advancing End-of-Life Care: Lessons Learned from a Statewide Panel. Journal of Palliative Care. February 2003.
- Allen B, Moseley RE, Arcos G. The Bispectral Index Monitor (BIS): Analysis of Legal and Ethical Implications for Anesthesiology, Program in Medical Ethics, Law, and the Humanities, University of Florida, 1998.