Daniel Rubin, MD
Daniel Rubin, MD
Assistant Director for AHEC Program
Family Medicine at Haile Plantation
2846 SW 87th Way Suite A
Gainesville, FL 32608
Phone: (352) 265-0944
Fax: (352) 594-8511
Dr. Daniel Rubin received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Central Florida, followed by his medical degree and Family Medicine residency from the University of Florida. Dr. Rubin became board certified in Family Medicine in 2001 and has been a faculty member with the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine since 2001. He was appointed assistant director for the Area Health Education Centers (AHEC) Program in 2013. Dr. Rubin is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. He is the course director for the Introduction to Clinical Practice course, and group advisor for the Family Medicine Interest Group.
Dr. Rubin been published in the 10 Minute Diagnosis Handbook and the Geriatric Nephrology and Urology as well as reviewed for the Journal of National Medical Association, American Family Physician, and Journal of Family Practice. He has been an invited speaker at local, state and national conferences. Dr. Rubin has been interviewed by Dermatology Times and the Gainesville Sun, and quoted on ABC online medical articles. He has also served as a regular physician volunteer for the Equal Access mobile clinic.
|Residency||University of Florida
|MD||University of Florida
|BS||University of Central Florida
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Practice – Board Certified
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
Honors and Awards
- Exemplary Teacher Award (2008-2018)
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Induction (2016)
- Faculty Inductee – Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (2013)
- Customer Service Key Award – Shands UF (2009)
- Golden Apple Teaching Award (2001)
- Resident of the Year – University of Florida Residency Program (2001)
- Mark Herrbold Memorial Award – University of Florida College of Medicine (1997)
- Preventative Health Care
- Family Medicine
- Preceptor – First Year Medical Students
- Small Group Leader – Essentials of Patient Care Course
- Perceptor – Third Year Medical Students at Haile Plantation
- Faculty Mentor – Faculty Mentor Program
- Porter M, Malaty J, Rubin DA, Agana DF, Hatch R, Seeking Quality and Attracting Candidates: Residency Program Directors’ Perceptions. Gavin Publishers. 2017 OI: 10.29011/2575-7032/100036
- Agana DF, Porter M, Hatch R, Rubin DA, Carek PJ. Job Satisfaction Among Academic Family Physicians. Fam Med. 2017: 49(8):622-625.
- Mims LD, Everard KM, Hall K, Hatch R, Malaty J, Rubin DA, Fe Agana D, Carek PJ. Family medicine clerkship directors¹ influence on the residency program selection process: A CERA study. Fam Med. 2016: 48(2):108-13.
- “Dysuria”, 10 Minute Diagnosis Handbook, 2013
- Rubin DA, Lowenthal D. “Acute Renal Failure in an Elderly Patient.” Geriatric Nephrology and Urology, Volume 8: pg 45-49, 1998.