Jason Konopack, MD, MPH
Jason Konopack, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor and Medical Director
Family Medicine at Old Town
25827 SE Highway 19
Old Town, Florida 32680
Phone: (352) 542-0068
Fax: (352) 542-1843
Dr. Jason Konopack joined the University of Florida College of Medicine in July 2016 as assistant professor in the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine. He serves as a physician and Medical Director at UF Health Family Medicine – Old Town clinic, as well as teaching at Shands UF on inpatient service. He attended the University of South Florida where he received a Bachelor’s of Science in Microbiology, and a Master’s Degree in Public Health with a concentration on Global Health and Communicable Disease. Additionally, he received an Infection Control Certificate from University of South Florida. He then attended the Florida State University College of Medicine where he earned his medical degree. He completed family medicine residency at University of Florida.
Dr. Konopack is board certified in family medicine. He has written articles for The American Journal of Infection Control and presented research at APIC Conferences. Dr. Konopack is highly involved in community activities and volunteers to provide medical care to underserved populations.
He has been recognized with the Outstanding Performance in Geriatrics Award from the Florida Geriatrics Society, and the SHARP Award, in Recognition of Outstanding Research presented by the Chair of the Global Health Department at the USF College of Public Health. From the University of Florida Family Medicine Residency, he has been recognized with the Outstanding Professionalism Award and the Outstanding Performance in Counseling Award.
Dr. Konopack’s interests include public health and safety; improving the impact of, and patient experiences in, primary care; geriatrics; empowering patients to radically change their health outcomes with lifestyle improvements; and medical education.
|Residency||University of Florida,
|MD||Florida State University
|MPH||University of South Florida
|Global Health and Communicable Disease|
|BS||University of South Florida
Honors and Awards
- Exemplary Teaching Award – University of Florida College of Medicine (2017-2018)
- Physician Recognition Award (2016)
- Outstanding Professionalism Award – University of Florida Family Medicine Residency (2016)
- Outstanding Performance in Counseling Award – University of Florida Family Medicine Residency (2016)
- Outstanding Performance in Geriatrics Award – Florida Geriatrics Society (2013)
- SHARP Award for “Outstanding Research” – Global Health Department at USF College of Public Health (2005)
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certification
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Board Certified – American Board of Family Medicine
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
- Medical Education
- Global Health and Safety
- Infectious Diseases
- Dermatology Procedures
- Joint Injections
- Preventative Health Care
- Healthy Living
- DeRemer CE, Konopack J, Curtis S. Management of warfarin anticoagulated patients choosing hyperbaric oxygen treatments. TH Open 2019; 03(01): e20-e21. DOI: 10.1055/s-0038-1676984.