Lisa Chacko, MD, MPH
Lisa Chacko, MD, MPH
Medical Director for Acorn Clinic
1707 North Main Street
Gainesville, FL 32609
Dr. Lisa Chacko joined the University of Florida College of Medicine in September 2016 as assistant professor in the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine. Dr. Chacko received her Bachelor of Arts and Masters of Public Health from the University of Florida, and her medical degree from the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania. Her areas of interest include health policy, primary care innovation, and access to care.
|Residency||University of Florida
|MD||University of Pennsylvania
|MPH||University of Florida
|BA||University of Florida
|Spanish and Pre-Medicine|
Honors and Awards
- Invited Participant, National Academy of Medicine’s Emerging Leaders in Health and Medicine Forum (2019)
- Member of Beta Upsilon Chapter of Delta Omega, the Public Health Honor Society at the University of Florida (2019)
- Primary Care Leadership and Innovation Academy (2016)
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Board Certified – American Board of Family Medicine
- Alachua County Healthcare Safety Net Collaborative
- H. James Free Center Annual Conference Primary Care Innovation Planning Committee
- UF Health Community Engagement Committee
- UF Health Eastside Community Health Task Force
- UF Health EEPC ED Care Redesign Super Utilizer Task Force
- Access to Primary Care
- Population Health Management
- Underserved Communities
- Primary Care Innovation
- Porter M, Quillen D, Agana D, Chacko L, Lynch K, Bielick L, Fu X, Yang Y and Carek P. Are Patients Frequently Readmitted to the Hospital Different from the Other Admitted Patients?Am Board Fam Med January-February 2019; 32:584.
- Dietrich E, Davis, PharmD K, Chacko L, Bielick L, Quillen D, Feller D, Porter M, Malaty J, Carek P. Comparison of Factors Identified by Patients and Physicians Associated with Hospital Readmission (COMPARE2). Southern Medical Journal. 2018. (SMJ-18-102R1).
- Schentrup D, Whalen K, Black E, Blue A, Chacko L. Building Interprofessional Team Effectiveness in a Nurse-Led Rural Health Center. Journal of Interprofessional Education & Practice. 12; 86-90. 2018.
- Porter M, Chacko LR. Antiepileptic Drugs After First Unprovoked Seizure. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Feb 1;95(3): Online.
- Phipps EJ, Chacko LR, Fassbender JE, Allison KC, Sarwer SB, Wallace SL, Tan-Torres S, Bowman MA, Wadden TA, Kumanyika SK. Provider views of the feasibility and utility of lifestyle obesity treatment in primary care: Insights from the Think Health! Study. European Journal for Person Centered Healthcare. 2015;3(1):77-82.
- Chacko LR, Chacko SA. (2010). Modern Public Health Systems. In E. Andreson, E. Defries Bouldin (Eds.), Public Health Foundations: Concepts and Practice (pp. 25-47). San Francisco, USA: Jossey-Bass.