Maria E. Lupi, MD
Maria E. Lupi, MD
Family Medicine at Springhill
4197 NW 86th Terrace, Suite 2201
Gainesville, FL 32606
Phone: (352) 265-9475
Fax: (352) 265-9476
Dr. Maria E. Lupi is currently on staff with UF Health Family Medicine – Springhill clinic and is an active volunteer for the Equal Access Clinic, providing medical care to the underserved. Dr. Lupi received her medical degree from the National University of Cordoba, Argentina which is also where she grew up. Prior to relocating to the United States, Dr. Lupi worked in her native country focusing in preventative medicine, primary care and surgical procedures.
Most of her activities were done next to her father who inspired her to follow the model of family physician in a rural area covering broadly the needs of the community. Dr. Lupi completed her residency training at the University of Florida. Prior to this, she performed research as a postdoctoral associate in the Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics at the Brain Institute.
|Residency||University of Florida
|MD||National University of Cordoba
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- Academy of Integrative Health and Medicine
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Basic Life Support
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduated
- Humphrey Field Analyzer Frequency Certified
Honors and Awards
- Customer Service Is the Key Award – Shands Healthcare (2007, 2008, 2015, 2019)
- Excellence in Patient Satisfaction Award – Shands Healthcare (2018)
- UF AHEC Program Team Up to Quit Smoking Cessation Award (2018)
- Internal Project Award – Department of Community Health and Family Medicine, UF College of Medicine (2015-16)
- Certificate of Excellence – Behavior Medicine and Family Counselling (2009)
- Bril F, Barb D, Portillo-Sanchez P, Biermacki D, Lomaco R, Suman A, Weber MH, Budd JT, Lupi ME, Cusi K. “Metabolic and histological implications of intrahepatic triglyceride content in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.” Hepatology 2017 Apr;65(4):1132-1144. Doi: 10.1002/hep.28985. Epub 2017 Feb 25.
- Schmidt, S, Rodriguez A; Lupi ME; Wong F. “Peripheral neuropathy linked to obstructive sleep apnea” Family Practice, Volume 62, No 10, October 2013, 577-578.
- Schmidt S, Rodrigues A, Lupi M, Wong F. “Resolution of Peripheral Neuropathy Pain with Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A Case Report” The Journal of Family Practice, accepted for future publication, December 16, 2012