The Family Medicine Residency Program at the University of Florida, Gainesville, accepts applications for residency through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
You may contact the Dean’s Office of your medical school or visit the ERAS web site to enter your documents and application information into the ERAS system.
Application Requirements and Criteria
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Transcripts
- Passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK & CS within 1 attempt
- Must have Passing USMLE Scores (Prefer scores above the National Mean) by January 15th
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (At least one from a Family Medicine Physician)
- Curriculum Vitae (Please account for all of your time i.e., vacation, travel, etc.)
- Personal Statement
If you are searching for a second year position, applying through ERAS is also required. We often do not know until late in the spring if we will have a vacant second year slot.
International Medical Graduates
The decision to offer an interview is held until ALL documents, including the USMLE transcripts, have been received through ERAS.
- All of the requirements listed above
- If currently a graduate, a valid ECFMG certification is required at the time of application
- Permanent Resident status or J-1 Visa
- Recent clinical experience in the US (Not Observership) for 9-12 months of the last year in a clinically relevant position in the US or similar system
- Command of the English language
Transfer and Advanced Credit
Residents who are applying for positions beyond the PGY I year or residents applying to transfer.
- ERAS Application
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- A letter of recommendation from your current Program Director
- We routinely contact your Program Director for an oral recommendation over the telephone.
Please keep in mind that the American Board of Family Medicine makes the final determination in the amount of advanced credit granted for prior training. The Program must receive the approval for advanced credit from the Board before the resident begins the program in an advanced capacity.
Family Medicine Residency Program
1707 N. Main St., Gainesville, FL 32609
Phone: (352) 265-9592
The University of Florida does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, programs or activities, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletics and any University-administered programs or employment.