Congratulations to all of our IT Staff! The Most Wired designation is a reflection of how well you have implemented systems and worked with our customers over the past few years. I appreciate your efforts, teamwork and commitment to UF Health.
UF Health (UF Health Shands Hospital, UF Health Jacksonville Medical Center, UFHP and UFHJPI) has once again been named to the “Most Wired” Hospitals and Health Systems list. The Most Wired survey measures the level of IT system sophistication and customer adoption / utilization in U.S. hospitals and health systems.
The award is an honor that clearly ranks UF Health amongst the highest performing technical healthcare organizations. The survey measures whether we have the right systems in place for our organization and more importantly, how effectively those systems are embraced and used by our customers. Specifically measured is how well our clinicians use the system to deliver care, whether we are able to transact our business transactions electronically and whether our patients and their personal physicians are able to access their electronic health records remotely.
The 2015 Most Wired Survey has specific requirements in each of four focus areas:
- business and administrative management;
- clinical quality and safety (inpatient/ outpatient hospital); and
- clinical integration (ambulatory/physician/patient/community).
All of the above basic requirements must be met for an organization to achieve Most Wired designation and this year, Most Wired added the following additional requirements:
- Identity management and access controls
- CPOE for medication, lab and radiology orders
- Use of assistive technology for five “rights” with point-of-care medication administration systems
- Clinical decision support-enabled drug formulary check and high priority hospital condition
- Medication reconciliation
- Electronic identification of patient-specific educational resources
- EHR-generated listing of patients for quality improvement
- Patient portal functionality for access to health information
- Summary care record for transitions of care
39% of all U.S. hospitals completed the survey (741 hospitals and health systems representing more than 2,213 hospitals). 338 of the hospitals and health systems completing the survey were designated as Most Wired organizations, down 10 percent from last year due to the additional new requirements.
This award is a measure of how much we’ve accomplished.
Congratulations and Thank You!
SVP and CIO, UF Health Shands
CIO, UF Health Sciences Center